Saturday, April 7, 2012

We're On Holidays. And We Have Gold Fever.






We visited Nundle this morning to check out all that was a-happening as part of their annual Go for Gold Chinese Festival


Once we arrived in Nundle we took the smalls straight to go gold-panning. They had a hoot sifting through the soil, and both struck it big, and got to bring their gold home. Once that was over the Doctor said he wanted to go home... Hmm. 


We meandered through the crowds, ate sausage sandwiches, went to the Nundle Woollen Mill, watched the Chinese dragon performers - which was pretty rad, went to my favourite Odgers & McClelland and stocked up on boiled lollies (I have a sweet tooth, yikes!) and my favourite beech nail brushes - random combo I know, but this is the general store - and the curation of goods is inspiring and so aesthetically pleasing! I never knew I loved brooms so much.


Ah the country air. I can not get enough. 


I definitely do not want to come home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment