Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Weekend



I drove up to my Mum and Dad's place on Thursday. Just the smalls and myself.


It's only a four and a half hour drive, but I was so tired. I drank two coffees, one cup of tea, and a medium post-mix Coke. Ordinarily I only have one caffeinated drink a day. But I was so weary.


We celebrated our beloved Grandmother's life. We cried. We laughed. We caught up with relatives that we had not seen in too long.


I hated leaving today. I would have liked to have stayed up there longer, but life continues. I always find that such a hard thing to deal with when grieving. Why is everyone oblivious to the waves of grief? You know that feeling? You just want a stand-still, out of respect.


And the drive home was long. The Doctor kept talking for most of it. Tiny screamed for part of it.


I am quietly exhausted. I think I have car-lag. Curled up on the couch thinking about my family. Glad to have had that time to remember some beautiful memories and remember and rejoice in a wonderful and inspiring life.

No comments:

Post a Comment