Monday, April 18, 2011

Part 2: Bust boosting bras for bigger busts - spotlight on the Freya "Deco"!

In my last blog, I wrote about the best cleavage-enhancing bras for smaller busts and this time, my focus is on bigger busts. Although busty ladies may not want a padded bra, there are options out there for enhancing those curves! For the bigger busted lady, a bust-boosting bra may be more about shape and lift, whilst creating a gorgeous silhouette under clothing!
I've been wanting to blog about this bra for a long time, so this post seems the perfect place to do it. The bra I am talking about, was the first ever bra that I bought after I was re-measured in Bravissimo as a 28FF. Since that day, this bra continues to be my favourite bra and is an absolute staple for any larger busted lady! The best thing, is that starting at a 28 inch back and going up to a GG, it really encompasses a wide range of sizes...I am, of course, talking about the Freya "Deco" bra (£30).

The "Deco" comes in lots of great colours, but black and nude make for very versatile shades that will be perfect for the vast majority of your wardrobe:


If you're looking for something a little bit more eye-catching, then the "Deco" also comes in charcoal, lupin, pomegranate and most recently pistachio:


Freya have also brought out 'Frida', 'Lydia' and recently 'Carly', which are based on the same design as the classic "Deco":


As a moulded plunge bra, you can expect the "Deco" to be extremely flattering, giving a great rounded shape and superb uplift. All versions of the "Deco" are totally seamless under clothing, giving a stream-lined shape and fabulous cleavage. To top it off, this is one of the most soft and comfortable bras ever and ideal for everyday wear, as well as for a night out! The straps are relatively wide, which is perfect for supporting larger cup sizes, but wouldn't work so well under thin-strapped tops or dresses.
Size-wise, I must mention that I (like many other people who have tried this bra) find that the cups are on the generous side, so you may need to size down - I bought a 28F, although I am a 28FF in most bras that I buy. The Bravissimo website reviews also mention that the back size for the "Deco" comes up a little loose, although I did not find this to be an issue myself. (Just a few pointers, if you are thinking of buying the "Deco"!)

I really can't recommend this bra enough. It is one of the few bras that I can really see myself purchasing again and again. Here is my current collection - my favourite has got to be the Frida!


I have also heard that Freya is bringing out a concealed padding version of the Freya "Deco" for this Autumn/Winter - this may not be for everyone, but is certainly great for those that like a bit of extra va-va-voom! Another "Deco" to look out for this A/W is the "Taylor" bra - I am certainly adding this beauty to my wishlist:


That's all for this time..I think a Part 3 is definitely in order! There are some other great bras that I am keen to review for bigger busts, so stay tuned for more reviews!

Love,
Kitty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment