Saturday, January 14, 2012

i didn't do my fashion week breakdown in the Fall because i didn't feel impressed by much. there was just my good old standard staple, Marc Jacobs, that turned my head. but everyone else had "been there, done that" and nothing seemed original or inspiring. last year, we had Jil Sander throw us for a major loop! i mean, major loop! with the amazingly bright bright colors for Spring 2011. no one was doing that and it was inspired and amazing. so fluid but so loud, just inexplicably perfect. the only other designer that seems to catch my eye right is '10 Crosby by Derek Lam'. he's done this ethereal almost 70's casual glamor that was just out of this world to me - i've striven to copy that with every outfit since i was a kid. so seeing that spirit done in a new way really makes me smile - though maybe with a closed mouth no teeth kind of smile. you get me?

slightly pajama pants-esque but still something special is here:










sometimes the most casual looking piece can feel the most glamorous and sexy. that's what this stuff comes across as.

No comments:

Post a Comment