Thursday, May 10, 2012

Time: Breastfeeding On The Front Cover

Ah breastfeeding. Such a controversial and sometimes taboo subject - when really, at the heart of it - it's all about feeding.

But what's this? A cover of Time magazine? With a breastfeeding mum of a three year old? 

The question here is: do you really invest yourself and worry yourself by what someone else is doing?

It's posed to cause argument. I was taken aback initially. It's not everyday you see an image like this. But that's my own issue. I love breastfeeding. I breastfed for a long time. My babies loved it too.

The headline screams: 'Are You Mom Enough?' - which carries its own inference. She's doing what's right for her and her child. And that's good enough, isn't it?

Why do we care so much what others are doing? I need to focus on myself and my own family, and let you do your thing, you let me do my thing, unless of course it's posing a danger to someone. Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment