Monday, February 13, 2012

Reading + Running

The Doctor is turning into a bit of a bookworm. Which is rad in my books (excuse the pun) - because I was a total bookworm, and from there, my love of the written word formed.

There's so much to be gained from reading a good book. Losing yourself in a story, learning more about language. It's rich and can transport you elsewhere.

On the weekend I bought him Andy Griffiths' book 'The 13-Storey Treehouse'. I thought it would last him a little while. It's a graphic novel, plenty to keep small boys entertained and captive. He read it in one afternoon.

I mean amazeballs. But yikes! This mama better get her game on baby!

Today I went looking for a new book for him. I asked at my favourite children's book store after scouring the shelves by myself. The lady gave me a couple of recommendations, and I wound up with a Horrid Henry book.  

And he read it this afternoon.

So mamas, have you got some book recommendations for my 6.5 year old, book-loving boy? I'm a mama on the prowl looking for new words to share with my little-big boy. I am literally running to keep up with his voracious booky appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment