Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Being Lara Bingle: Opinions or Assassinators?


So tonight I watched the debut episode of Being Lara Bingle. It was funny and fun. Exactly the type of television I want to watch when I am tired after work. You can shake your head at me all you like, but we all want different things. Right?!

So I tweeted it too.

Afterwards the knives were drawn. 140 characters at 20 paces.

Since when did it become au fait to be nasty?

The snipers were out aiming to shoot her down, just as the paparazzi were ready to shoot her.

And since I am well on my way on the positivity parade, I stood firm. It's not ok to tear shreds off Lara Bingle.

If you don't want to watch it, then don't. Simple really. But you don't have to assassinate someone.

And for the record, I've had the good fortune of working with Lara - many, many years ago. She is just as beautiful now as she was then - and without a speck of make-up. She just glows.

No comments:

Post a Comment